Thursday, July 8, 2010

G20 Toronto Police Stole My Property - Getting It Back

Well it's been a couple of weeks since Toronto Police illegally detained and searched me then stole my property (One respirator, 2 sets of earplugs and a pair of speedo swimming goggles.) Today I decided I would make my public servants earn the money I pay them, I called the Toronto Police Service Headquarters (416-467-0493.) I explained my situation and the operator transferred me to the properties department where I spoke to a Christine (no last name given) who looked up my record and found they had my property! WOW I was amazed they actually did their job! Wait no FAIL she begins to tell me yes we have your green backpack and a sony digital camera. For a half second I considered taking the backpack and camera and calling it even, but that wouldn't be honest, or remotely fair to the anonymous person who is probably heartbroken over losing their camera. So I explained they must be mistaken (chewed her out a bit and said they need to get their shit together) Christine seemed to try to understand my frustration but she hadn't been through what I have so she can't understand. Christine didn't really know what to do for me and transferred me back to the main menu, here I spoke with someone who transferred me back to Christine, D'oh Christine advised me to ask for the G20 planning department, ok try again, the operator transfers me through, Brandi answers the call "G20/G8 Planning department how can I help you?" I explain my situation and she asks me to wait a minute, I wait about 2 or 3 minutes and all of a sudden i hear our friend Christine again! Now I'm getting furious, so I lay it out and tell Christine to find someone to help me now, she get's her manager on the line Brenda Radix Manager of Toronto Police Service Properties Department, you can reach her at 4168083769 and I would advise to call her directly to avoid the run around. Brenda explained she would look through the properties as there were many items that matched the description of my property and get back to me before the end of the next business day, Brenda refused to comment on the actions of the officers and never even offered an apology, she does seem to be looking into this as she just called me as I'm writing this to ask for additional information about my arrest.

1 comment:

michaelkaer said...

Great info. I would sue for compensation just as a nuisance. I feel sorry for people like that woman who had her finger smashed to bits by the police. How is she ever going to get justice? Millions of people have been traumatized across the country. I feel violated and I was not even there. Thank you for representing this area. Keep hounding them.